Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Good Morning Mrs. Mitchell



Good morning Mrs Mitchell
Would you like a cup of tea,
The roses could be pruned another day.
I’ll go and put the kettle on;
I’m sorry, did you speak?
I understand, you must be on your way.

Do be careful puss,
I’m not too steady on my feet,
I’d hate to trip and tread upon your paw,
you have become so precious and
I don’t know what I’d do,
if you, like my dear Eric, were no more.

Maybe Mary Potter
will take Hilary to school,
she always stops to speak if she has time,
I wouldn’t want to miss her if
she walks this way today,
she should arrive at somewhere around nine.

Oh no, it’s looking cloudy,
I do hope it doesn’t rain,
I hate it when I have to stay indoors,
I never see a soul and
though of course I understand,
it can be very lonely doing chores.

I was such a lively girl,
some said I was ‘a catch,’
the centre of attention in my way.
Now I’m just a nuisance,
very wrinkly and a bore,
with nothing entertaining left to say.

Oh dear no it’s spitting,
Come on puss let’s go inside;
No wait! Did you hear someone call my name?
Ah, good-day Mrs. Potter,
Is it tea for two today?
It is! Oh what a day. . . despite the rain!

No comments: